Friday 18 November 2016

Mini Market Moment In Time

On Friday The Learn Now Crew had a mini market in the school hall. Here is Scarlett's reflection on it.

"Hurry up Scarlett!" Lisa called out to me as she quickly ran to the kitchen in the hall. "We need to get our stall ready!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Okay okay okay!" I replied, glancing at the little menu she had made. "This is adorable" I said, picking up the menu and examining
 it. "Thanks" She replied. We took Lisa's things and set them up on our stall. We were all ready, but we were still waiting for my Mum to bring the cupcakes and the fizzy drinks. 

10 minutes ticked by on the clock, and the mini market for the juniors was supposed to start any minute. We were feeling slightly concerned now, so when we saw all of the children rushing into the hall with their parents, we were full on freaking out because it had started. Lisa and I rushed outside, leaving our stall completely alone (good thinking guys). And then I saw Mum, fast walking over to the hall holding the cupcakes and drinks.

Instead of saying "Hooray!" or even thanking Mum at ALL, I harshly asked "Why did it take so long?" "Your welcome Scarlett" Mum mumbled.

Lisa and I helped Mum bring the remains of our stall inside and we quickly set it up. Our first costumer asked for one of the cupcakes, I handed it to him and awkwardly looked for the right amount of change. I watched as my cupcakes slowly disappeared, while the biscuits in the tin were hardly touched. 

I really enjoyed the Mini Market, and I hope you did too :).

3 comments: