Thursday 23 February 2017

swimming sports

BANG! said the wooden clappers, the signal that the race had started. I leaped off the diving board in a streamline position and sliced into the water like a knife, all the other swimmers were a year older than me and had hit the water before me. I knew I had a lot of strokes to make up for, so growling to my self under the water I kicked even harder, although I was careful not to use up all my energy as I knew  I had four more races to come today, and this was 100 meters freestyle, so it was four laps and I needed to keep a steady pace the whole way. As I came to the wall I tumble turned and pushed off as hard as I could, I kept a steady pace the whole way, but as i came into the wall I saw that two other swimmers had come in before me. I accepted the small rod that Chris gave me. I got out of the pool frowning, I knew that wasn't the best performance. 
The next race I was luckier, it was my aged group 25 freestyle, and I manged to win my heat, I also won my backstroke and breaststroke, and I also got third in the 50 butterfly, the day had turned out better than I had expected. I was selected for the relay, the whole time I screeched at my team mates to do well, I was the last swimmer in my team, we got third out of four teams, It was kind of tricky because we were all puffed out from our other races that day.
I had a good day anyway!    

No comments:

Post a Comment